Who doesn’t love pancakes?
Pancakes are America’s favorite and most popular breakfast food. However, they can be quite time consuming when making them at home. From gathering ingredients to measuring them to combining them together and then finally cooking the pancakes, this can take up an entire morning.
As we get busier and busier, we tend to grab and eat breakfast on the go, such as a Hot Pocket or a McMuffin. The consequence is the lack of nutrition and increase in unhealthy ingredient intake. Yet, there just isn’t enough time to make breakfast at home.
So the question people ask themselves every morning is whether to eat breakfast and go into the office late or to skip breakfast altogether and gorge at lunch. Obviously doubling at lunch won’t do any good because not only will it make you sleepy, but you will also be missing the most important meal of the day…breakfast!
Since the answer to that question is to eat breakfast, of course, but how can you eat breakfast and make it to work on time even if you wake up late? This answer gets easier and easier with quick and innovative recipes as well as kitchen appliances that pretty much do the work for you!
Can you list breakfast items that are quick to make and possibly even on the go friendly?
At first I couldn’t, but as I did some research, I discovered how easy and quick traditional breakfast items are with these new and innovative recipes. One of my favorite new recipes deals with pancakes because like I said, who doesn’t love pancakes?
In conducting research, I found various pancake recipes, which impresses me at how creative people are in trying to cut down on cooking time or cut down on the number of ingredients necessary while staying true to flavors and nutrition. I’ve seen recipes of pancakes with just three ingredients (insane!) and recipes that literally take five minutes to prep and it’ll be ready by the time you are out of the shower (awesome!)
One recipe I thought was perfect and one I just had to share is a recipe for pancake CUPS. Ever heard of it? Nope? Me either, but they’re pure genius.
Before I hand over the recipe, let me tell you a little about it. These pancake cups use five ingredients, take less than five minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook, can be adjusted to all taste buds, and perfect for on the go!
What do I mean by that?
I’ll break it down…
- These pancakes use five ingredients that you’ll most likely already have: milk, flour, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- They take less than five minutes to prep because all you have to do is measure out the ingredients and mix them! No need to mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately then mix them together or do anything special with the ingredients besides mixing them. And get this; all of it is mixed in a blender! No need for even a bowl.
- They take 15 minutes to cook, which gives you 15 minutes to get ready. These pancake cups cook in the oven, so all you have to do is preheat the oven, pop them in, and walk away.
- These pancake cups are customizable! These cups allow you to fill them with toppings of your choice. Strawberry, syrup, and whipped cream for me, please (yum!).
- Last but not least, they are perfect for on the go. Why? Well, they’re pancake cups. They’re equivalent to the size of a muffin and what can you do with muffins? Take them with you! There’s no need to sit down and eat them, use utensils and eat them, or wait a long time to get them from a chef. Once they’re out of the oven, top them with toppings, grab a napkin and tubberware, and hop in your car to eat them.
Aren’t these pancake cups the ultimate breakfast item?
I know you’re probably dying to try them. So without further ado here is a pancake recipe that is delicious, easy to make, time efficient, and perfect for on the go breakfast eaters. This delicious pancake recipe will get you from ingredients to hot out of oven pancakes in under 20 minutes! Not only will it take less than 20 minutes, but because they’re pancake cups, they’re also perfect for an on the go breakfast.
Ingredients: (12 cups)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ (200℃).
- Grab a blender.
- Grab a muffin tin.
- Grease the muffin tin.
- In the blender, add in flour, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Blend until ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour mixture into the muffin tin, about ⅓ full.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and cook for 13-15 minutes.
- Let the pancake cups cool. Fill them with toppings and enjoy!
There you have it folks, my secret to a fast, easy, and on the go breakfast. This is one of my favorite recipes because it’s convenient, time efficient, easy to clean up, and customizable… and cheap! I can top them with anything I’d like so I would never get bored of them, meaning I can buy ingredients in bulk and make them all week without getting sick of them.
For those who want inspiration, here are some of my favorite toppings:
- Strawberries (sliced), drizzle of syrup, and whipped cream
- Baking blueberries into the pancake mixture for blueberry pancake cups
- Baking chocolate chips into the pancake mixture for chocolate chip pancake cups
- Nutella drizzle
- Various berries, drizzle of syrup or nutella, and whipped cream
- Bananas, chocolate drizzle, and vanilla ice cream
- Bananas and peanut butter
- Syrup, whipped cream, and sprinkles
- Ice cream, whipped cream, and syrup/chocolate/strawberry drizzle
- Maple syrup and bacon bits (dash of cinnamon if you’d like)
- Yogurt and fruit with honey drizzle (add granola for crunch!)
- Caramelized bananas, syrup, and whipped cream
- Butter, syrup, and whipped cream
- Yogurt, pineapple chunks, coconut flakes, and honey or white chocolate drizzle
- Jams and fruits with whipped cream
Those are just some sweet toppings, but these pancake cups can also be savory by adding savory toppings. My favorite is a cream cheese spread topped with smoke salmon, avocado slices, and a horseradish sauce.
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! What are your favorite toppings to add to your pancake cups?